Are you wondering if Success Rituals are real?
Well, this is what this section will clarify for you. I will be sharing with you rituals of high success and how it will help you get ahead of the regular folks in life.
Take a look at the morning, evening, and business rituals of some highly successful individuals below:
Morning Rituals Of Eleven Highly Successful Individuals
Mark Zuckerberg (Co-founder and CEO of Facebook)
– I am wondering have you noticed that the man who has his name enlisted on almost all the billionaire list that you can grace your eyes on seems to only have gray T-shirts. These gray T-shirts are not a uniform for his company. The wearing of only gray T-shirts by Mark Zuckerberg is a deliberate act. This is his way of saving time in the mornings.
Even after he is sometimes up all nights having a discussion with an employee, you can still find Mark Zuckerberg up by the clock strikes six in the morning. Without out having to worry what clothing to wear for the day Mark Zuckerberg grabs his outfit which is usually his gray T-shirt and then he is off to work at his office early in the morning.
Padmasree Warrior (CEO NextEV, U.S.)
– A true warrior of time and rising early in the mornings to complete most of her task is Padmasree Warrior. While the night shadows cover the land, and with the twinkling of the stars which probably reminds her that she is among the most successful women; at 4:30 in the mornings Padmasree Warrior is up and working.
Padmasree Warrior starts the day by going through her emails for approximately an hour. Then, she ensures she is kept informed about current affairs by reading the newspaper. After her reading of the papers, then, it is time to ensure she remains fit and healthy, so she exercises. After her daily morning rituals, she is in her office by 8:30 in the mornings, ready to take on the challenges of a new work day.
Tim Cook (CEO, Apple)
– Tim Cook not only enjoys his race of being up before the sun, but he is very proud of the fact that he is the first one to be at his company in the mornings and the last one to leave during the evenings.
You can check for an email from Tim Cook as early as 3:45 in the morning; because that is when he gets up, and has become known for sending company emails at that time in the mornings. Tim Cook is one who ensures that he maintains his health; therefore, you can find him in the gym by five in the mornings.
Jack Dorsey (Co-founder, Twitter)
– Tweet, tweet might be some of the twittering that Jack Dorsey hears at 5:30 in the morning when he is taking his six miles jog. Jack Dorsey also takes some time to meditate before he leaves for his run in the mornings.
Jack Ma (Founder, Alibaba Group)
– As precious and swift as the wind is the commodity time. We cannot preserve time, and once past, we can either give thanks that we had used our time productively or live with the regrets of what we never used our time to accomplish.
Knowing how precious time and his family are Jack Ma is up by the latest seven in the mornings. Jack Ma uses half an hour to complete some task, and then he ensures he spends some quality time with his family.
Kara Goldin (Founder & CEO, Hint Water)
– It is time to take a hint. Most highly successful individuals are hitting the work button before the day is dawn, and Kara Goldin is among those who are doing so. Kara Golding day begins at 5:30 in the mornings.
She peruses through her work calendar ensuring that she has no exigent meetings, and then she responds to emails. By 7:15, Kara Golding starts making her business calls, but not before she saturates her taste buds with a double latte, and she goes hiking with her husband.
David Cush (CEO, Virgin America)
– Crunch time is at 4:15 in the mornings for David Cush. His fingers get busy to dial his associates’ numbers who are on the East Coast, but not before he took some time to send his emails. Next, David Cush tunes his ears to Dallas Sports Radio, while his eyes are kept busy reading the newspaper. Then, he is off to the gym to ensure he keeps himself fit.
Dan Lee (Director, NextDesk)
– It is time for a standing ovation because Dan Lee is up by the clock strikes 3:30 in the mornings. Dan Lee ensures that he is completely hydrated by drinking two liters of water, then, he also consumes two cups of coffee, and smooth things off with a smoothie. After Dan Lee hydrates his body, the next ninety minutes, he shares with his dog and reading.
He reads for one hour and spends half an hour with his dog. Clearing his pours through perspiration, you can find Dan Lee in the gym from 5:15 – 6:15 in the mornings. When the clock ticks its way to 7:15 in the mornings, Dan Lee is already in his office, prepared to tackle the challenges of a new work day.
Sallie Krawcheck (Co-founder, CEO Ellevest)
– It is the romancing of the mind with the lights dimmed or sometimes she seeks warmth from the fireplace, along with a hot cup of coffee and Sallie Krawcheck is ready to start her day at four in the mornings. While the lights might be dimmed in her home at four in the mornings Sallie Krawcheck is shining bright with ideas; because that is when her creative flair comes to light best.
Indra Nooyi (CEO, PepsiCo)
– Popping as early as four in the mornings, is, Indra Nooyi. Her first task is ensuring that her plans are organized for the new day. Indra Nooyi is usually buzzing in her office by seven in the mornings.
Richard Branson (Founder & Chairman, Virgin Group)
– He is certainly no virgin when it comes on to rising early. Not even the comfort of his private island can prevent him from pulling his curtains at 5:45 in the mornings to watch the rising of the sun.
With a fantastic view of the rising sun, which comes with the opportunity to enjoy his fortune for another day, Richard Branson maintains his health by exercising and having a healthy breakfast. Then, he is off to work to ensure that he keeps making his billions.
Evening Rituals of Five Highly Successful Individuals
Bill Gates (CEO, Microsoft)
– Bill Gates, dubbed the richest man in the world according to Forbes Billionaires list. He reads for an hour almost every night before going to bed, no matter how late he gets home. One of the topics that have consistently sustained his reading habit is business related issues, which Bill Gates uses to assess changes in the market (no surprise there right). He also read about politics and healthcare.
Joel Gascoigne (CEO, Buffer)
– Walking for twenty minutes every evening. During his walk, Joel Gascoigne assesses his work day, analyses his greatest challenges, and then, he will slowly stop thinking about work when the shadow of tiredness takes over his body.
Arianna Huffington (Founder, Huffington Post)
– At nights Arianna Huffington disconnects from the world of technology by turning off all her electronic devices. Then, she dissolves the stress from her work day by taking a hot bath. Arianna Huffington pulls the shutters on her day wearing her pajamas while she reads a physical book.
Kenneth Chenault (CEO, American Express)
– Kenneth Chenault gets a head start to his days by setting goals for three things he wants to achieve every night before he goes to bed.
Oprah Winfrey (Business Woman and Media Mogul)
– Oprah Winfrey ends her days just as how she starts them. She meditates twice per day, once in the mornings, and once in the evenings.
Business Rituals of Three Highly Successful Individuals
Amancio Ortega made it to Forbes Billionaire list as the second wealthiest person in the world. Amancio Ortega has five business rituals, which have guided him to success.
⦁ Speed is very important
Amancio Ortega took the retail industry by storm in 1975 when he founded his company named Zara. He used the tactic of ensuring that two times per week his store was restocked with the latest fashion.
Another one of his strategies was getting new styles of clothing before his competitors, and the timely processing of customer’s order within forty-eight hours.
Amancio Ortega plan worked; because he was able to satisfy his market better than his competitors, and have earned his organization the name of “Fast Fashion.”
⦁ Obsess with your customers need
One of Amancio Ortega’s motto is that the clients are the driven force behind a business, and should always be the central focus when designing your business. Customers need must also be your focal point when you are deciding on the operational systems that you will implement at your business, style of clothing that you will be selling, and any other activity that requires you interacting with your customers.
Being customer-focused meant that Amancio Ortega conducts consistent market research. His detailed analysis included him observing fashion blogs and directly garnering information from customers to keep a brief of the current trends in clothing.
⦁ Being In Control Of Your Distribution Channels
Amancio Ortega capitalizes on the cost effectiveness of China clothing, but he also imports most of his products from other regions such as Morocco, Spain, and Portugal. Designing and sewing his products is one of medium Amancio Ortega swiftly meet the needs of his market by supplying them with the latest trends in fashion. He also utilizes a local network of sewing shops by having his designs cut, and treated in mills, then, they are sewed by the local sewing shops.
⦁ Being Committed To Your Roots
His ears buzzing from the ideas his employees’ shares with him, as he sits, and work alongside them is the only office that Amancio Ortega has ever had. Amancio Ortega is from humble beginnings. He is the son of a housemaid, and railway worker, but his desire for a better life led him to stop attending school at the age of fourteen to start earning.
Knowing what it is like to have nothing, Amancio Ortega never got himself an office, but instead, he takes a hand on approach by working with his employees. Age has not slowed him down; because even at the age of eighty Amancio Ortega still goes to his office on most days.
⦁ Continuous Innovations
Complacency has no place among those who wants to progress, and for those who wants to remain successful. To become complacent is the biggest mistake you can make. You must have either grow or die attitude, and if you really want to be innovative, then, you cannot focus on the results.
Carlos Slim Helu has the tag of the fourth richest man in the world according to the Forbes Billionaire list. He has ten business rituals.
⦁ Making money in a downturn
Recessions cannot hinder Carlos Slim Helu from acquiring new businesses. His strategy is to take advantage of the companies that have been affected by the economic crisis, which has no significant financial problems. Some of the best companies are sold for half their values during a recession. Carlos Slim Helu was able to purchase the largest cement company world Cemex during the recession. Cemex currently has a net worth of approximately six billion.
⦁ Simplicity in organizational structures is best
Having a simple organizational structure with minimal hierarchical levels will allow executives and lower line employees to be able to interact more frequently, sustain flexibility, and assist in quick decision making capability.
⦁ Remain focused on innovation, growth, training, and quality
It is vital that you focus on innovation, growth, quality of products, training for employees and continually improve production processes. Analyze your organization based on global benchmarks, seek the most cost effective means when possible to reduce expense, and increase productivity as well as your competitiveness.
⦁ You must live without fear and guilt
Carlos Slim Helu believes fear is the worse weakness that men can have. Fear first weakens you, then, it impedes your action and eventually leads to depression. He believes that guilt is a terrible burden in people’s lives, which influences the way one thinks and acts. Guilt and fear create difficulty for your present-day, and it is a hindrance for your future.
To overcome both fear and guilt one must have good sense, accept ourselves as we are, which means with whatever virtue, disappointments, and realities.
⦁ Making wise Invest in areas that customers find it difficult to avoid you
Carlos Slim Helu has made investments in a variety of industries. He has invested in the health sector, clothing industry, real estate, bakeries, telecommunication, academic institutions, and museums just to name a few. Carlos Slim Helu many investments have given him the opportunity to serve his customers daily through various mediums, making it impossible for them to conduct business, and not contributing to one of his establishments.
⦁ A good education will assist you to manage big a business better
Carlos Slim Helu believes that good decision making facilitates business success. You will be able to make better business decisions if you are armed with the information to do so, this comes from increasing your knowledge through education.
⦁ Try to be humble no matter your status
Carlos Slim Helu is aware that riches also come with a lot of responsibility; however, this has not prevented him from spending time with his family. He assigned two days out of each week for quality time with his family.
One day for dinner with his sons, and another day for dinner with his twenty-three grandchildren. Carlos Slim Helu with all his billions, still drives himself to work, which is approximately an hour away from his home. He has also lived in the same home in the same neighborhood for over forty years.
⦁ Prepare yourself for big opportunities
Carlos Slim Helu believes one of the characteristics of becoming a successful entrepreneur is having the skill to identify great business opportunities and capitalize on your chances.
⦁ Committing to the game
Entrepreneurship and investing is like a game. If you want to succeed, then, it requires you to become committed to your entrepreneurial process and make decisions as if you are playing to win your entrepreneur and investing game to achieve success.
⦁ Comprehending your business to the core
Allegedly, Carlos Slim Helu controls approximately two hundred companies in different regions around the globe. He was able to accomplish this by ensuring that he comprehends his business to the core.
David Koch, the tenth billionaire on the Forbes Billionaires list. David Koch shared his five tips for you to start learning from those who are rich.
Below are David Koch’s five tips:
⦁ Creating wealth through earnings and not saving
– Successful individuals like David Koch continuous thoughts are how to earn big money and how to expand their potential profits. If you are not significantly increasing the sum of money that you have, then, there is a good chance that your savings will not make you a wealthy person.
⦁ Never be afraid to believe in your ability, and you should take smart risks
– Many individuals refuse from taking risks because of the possibility exist that they might fail. However, those who are successful know that you have to take risks both financially and in your personal life if you want to earn significant rewards. Successful individuals also accept that failure is the price you pay for your ultimate learning experiences and you must develop the confidence to continue after you have failed.
⦁ Do not become emotionally attached to money
– Prosperous individuals take a rational approach when they are building their wealth. They do not allow any negative emotions like anxiety, greed or regret to daunt their financial decisions, which have led to better chances for them to become successful.
⦁ Capitalize on all your opportunities
– Successful individuals understand that every opportunity presents the possibility for them to achieve more, even if it is a partnership, project, or they are just negotiating to venture into a new business.
They understand as well as appreciate the significance of networking. Successful individuals are always seeking new business ventures while capitalizing on their current assets to generate more income from different areas. Their positive attitude in every opportunity contributes to achievements in their business ventures and also to their wealth.
⦁ Understanding that your time does not equal money
– Dispel the belief that the time you spent working hard will be equivalent to your level of success. Undoubtedly, successful individuals do work hard, but they have worked even smarter. It is not necessarily how hard you work but how smart are you working.
Smart working means you strategize your time wisely, how you utilize your assets for them assist you to increase your earnings. You should aspire to become an expert in your field, no matter what field of business you are working.
If your greatest desire is to disengage yourself from the grip of poverty, then you should adopt the rituals of the wealthy, be fearless, and have absolute confidence in your abilities. Believe that you deserve to have all the best that life has to offer.